January is ending. I ran, worked on finishing projects, and tried to get myself more organized.
Running: Didn’t do so well here. My excuse is that it was COLD the last half of the month, so I missed out on all those days. The total distance over the first 15 days of January, according to my garmin watch, was 15.71 miles. The battery died about a mile into one of those runs, so the total was actually closer to 17.5 miles. Not bad, just not what I was hoping to log in January. The exciting news for running in February is the appearance of a treadmill on the horizon. That’s right! I won’t have any more excuses (like these below-zero temperatures/windchills and the inch of ice all over everything from earlier this week) for not getting the miles in, and now I can start training Signe to run on the treadmill as well!!! That’s the REAL reason I want a treadmill…
The rest of the month is a little harder to quantify. There were new Etsy sales, a lot of sewing projects that will never see the light of day, a bunch of knitting, and a good deal of reflection on my hopes for 2013 to be a year of more organization in my brain, my house, and my life. a summary –
- Almost finished knitting those Christmas presents! just this pair of socks for my sister, to be delivered by her birthday in February!
- Got the baseboard trim finished in the livingroom – added the quarter-round and even got it PAINTED!
- Sorted most of my tools, both handywoman and crafting tools, and now i know where BOTH of my hammers live!
- learned to use my binding foot and made a knitting needle roll (more on that later). Look at how awesome that binding looks!
- finally got all the embroidery floss into some semblance of order – not perfect, but certainly better than smushed in a box on the shelf. now it’s out for me to see every day in these clear pouches!
- Ate a lot of pancakes… YUM!
- Helped the old roommate to organize her yarn – even helped her get rid of two bags of extras. It was so inspiring, that all I can think about is destashing my own knitting resource center!
- Got my hair cut. Michelle Obama bangs for EVERYONE!
January was a great month – here’s to February being EVEN BETTER!